Missouri Girls HS Basketball Predictions 3/15/2020


I had more luck over on the Missouri boys side of HS ratings than I did with the girls, as I have spent several years refining the boys ratings.  I picked 58% of all games this past week but missed badly on classes one, two and three.  I had more luck with four and five, where I probably invested more calculating time.

Unfortunately for me, I obviously irritated an obnoxious Walnut Grove fan who tweeted an cruel and ugly comment back.  I should have looked at their rich tradition of girls basketball success rather than my paltry ratings calculations from this year.  I don't know why we have so many politically incorrect crap on Twitter now a days.  Oh, wait!  We have bad role models running our country....LOL.

Enough political commentary.  We were lucky to get these championship games in, 49 other states cancelled their high school play-offs.  I hope it was a good decision anyway.

Class four looks like an Incarnate Word vs. Cape Notre Dame final and it should be a cliff-hanger.  I give Incarnate Word a slight nod.

In class five, Rock Bridge should barely edge out Blue Springs but this could go overtime before someone wins.

Stay safe and healthy.

You will find my top 20 ratings for each class at:
https://gramas2020.blogspot.com/2020/03/missouri-girls-basketball-top-20.html
Top 20 Missouri Girls HS Basketball ratings

More Girls Results and Predictions 19 of 33 58%
Class One 0 for 3 0%
I originally picked South Iron
I revised my final two with Platte Valley over Walnut Grove
Walnut Grove won by 11
Class Two 2 of 3 66%
I originally picked East Buchanan to beat Blue Eye
Tipton beat Blue Eye by 15
East Buchanan beat Tipton by 11
Class Three 1 of 3 33%
I originally picked Whitfield over Strafford
I correctly picked Licking over Macon
Strafford beat Licking in the final by 3
(my originally ranking would have favored Whitfield over Licking)
Class Four                quarterfinals 5 of 8 for 62.5%  8 of 12 75%
Cape Notre Dame over Rockwood Summit 4 20
Lincoln Prep over Grain Valley 7 18
Incarnate Word over Ladue 8 3
Sullivan over Carl Junction 2 -16
Semi finals Picks
Incarnate Word over Carl Junction 7
Cape Notre Dame over Lincoln College Prep 12
Long Range Prediction
Incarnate Word wins state over Cape Notre Dame 3
Class Five               quarterfinals 5 of 8 for 62.5%  8 of 12 75%
Kirkwood over Poplar Bluff 11 4
Liberty KC over Blue Springs 1 -10
Hazelwood Central over Troy 4 19
Rock Bridge over Republic 10 4
Semi finals Picks
Blue Springs over Kirkwood 6
Rockbridge over Hazelwood Central 11
Long Range Prediction
Rockbridge wins state over Blue Springs 1
(Originally Rockbridge wins state over LSW)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Explaining the Facts of Life and statistical modeling

St. Louis Area Girls High School Basketball rankings 1302020